If you use Intuit® TurboTax software for tax preparation, incorporating your Eagle account information will be simpler this year. That’s because data from your Eagle 1099 statements will now be accessible through the program.
You can import tax data from your Eagle account directly into Intuit’s TurboTax® program. Tax data includes the information from forms 1099-B, 1099-DIV and1099-INT. Downloading your tax data into the software prevents you from having to determine which information from which form needs to be entered into specific fields in the TurboTax® software.
To use the service, simply choose Eagle Asset Management from the financial institution drop-down menu in TurboTax, then enter your Eagle online access ID and password. If do not have an ID or password yet you can create here.
- If you haven’t already done so, you will need to install and open your TurboTax® program (any current version of the software: TurboTax® Basic and Deluxe versions for both Windows and Macintosh). You may also use TurboTax® for the Web (available at www.turbotax.com). Don’t forget to follow instructions to download recent updates to the program.
- TurboTax® will walk you through the steps necessary to complete your tax return, or you may go directly to the data import step from the main menu (if using software version) or the Income tab (if using Web version). (Consult the Help section within the TurboTax® program or contact their support center for instructions.)
- When you reach the “Import Investment Income” step, you will see a list of companies that offer downloads. Select Eagle Asset Management from the list and proceed.
- For authentication purposes you will be prompted to enter your Eagle online access ID and password.
- A list of available tax information will display. You may proceed with downloading any or all of the information, and it will be imported directly into the TurboTax® software.
- Once imported, the TurboTax® program will automatically report the information in the appropriate sections of your federal income tax return. However, it is important for you to verify the imported information against your own records to ensure accurate and complete reporting of all required tax information.
For assistance with Intuit’s TurboTax® program, visit their support Web site at www.turbotaxsupport.com.
For assistance with your Eagle tax documents, please contact your financial advisor or contact
Eagle Fund Services at 1.800.421.4184.
TurboTax is a registered trademark of Intuit Inc.